Dir Ops Quality Management: Click the link to apply
This position reports into the Operations Programs & Shared Services organization and exists to drive the definition and implementation of best-in-class, cutting edge quality principles, processes and overall quality strategy for certain functional areas within LexisNexis L&P Operations. Responsibilities include working closely with various teams and SME's to understand quality requirements and translating those into a common methodology across operations to effectively measure, track and communicate quality. The Director is expected to keep abreast of external developments in the quality field, to identify best-in-class quality processes, and establish customer experienced based quality metrics. The Director of Ops Quality Management must have excellent management skills, strong leadership skills and savvy negotiating abilities in facilitating business partners through setting appropriate quality metrics.
- Define, implement and govern a Quality Management System (QMS) across key functions in Operations that focuses on QA/QC strategies, standards, policies & best practices.
- Collaborate with the functional areas to continuously improve Operations quality while exerting strong leadership to successfully influence key stakeholders in the adoption of best-in-class quality processes.
- Partner, where appropriate, with functional leaders to ensure outsourcing partners deliver on specified levels of service and quality.
- Provide quality leadership and reporting Operations that spans multiple geographic locations (US and global) to meet quality deliverables.
- Responsible for continuous improvements to quality programs that focus on customer-defined product quality to ensure delivery of quality products/services, improved performance and reduced cost.
- Establish performance measurements and benchmarks and utilize them to monitor, analyze and report on performance trends.
- Facilitate & assist with complex Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to identify and implement corrective action plans to reduce defects and minimize variations in outputs.
- Participate in the definition of business requirements, project support and prioritization for content expansion, Lexis Advance and other key projects.
- Drive a culture that ensures prompt decision-making, encourages innovation, drives initiative and respects/rewards its team members.
- Where applicable, manage and lead direct reports to ensure that the team meets or exceeds all objectives, quality levels, production levels, and project expectations while providing development opportunities, increasing morale and promoting employee engagement.
- Support business unit financial objectives.
- Support the LexisNexis mission and strategy by setting appropriate tone and policy.
- Lead by example and model good behavior.
- Establish partnering relationships and retain open communication lines with key stakeholders
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA preferred or equivalent combination of educational achievement and experience.
- Requires 5-7 years of relevant work experience, including at least 5 years of management/leadership experience.
- Highly developed leadership, implementation, organizational, interpersonal, communication and project management skills required.
- Ability to effectively lead in a globally distributed, matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, mentor and develop teams.
- Ability to make appropriate high level decisions with little oversight or direction.
- Team building and project leadership skills with the ability to influence others to accomplish objectives and form a collaborative working relationship a must.
- Demonstrated ability to accept and implement change.
- Must be able to clearly leverage leading quality principles to develop innovative quality programs based on business and customer needs, as well as coach and lead team members in developing appropriate programs.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical, process or product relationships.
- Possess strong analytical and quantitative skills to analyze data.