Some of the positions I post are intended as new awareness of a field, as well. Job posts are very helpful as a source of information, in themselves. -alt-lib
Washington Technology Strategy Partner Job - DC (Or Philadelphia)
Technology Strategy Partner Job
Title: Technology Strategy Partner
Technology Strategy Partner
Specifically, as an Technology Strategy Partner in our Business of Science team, you will be expected to lead or support complex technology strategy (TS) projects, both in competitive sales proposal situations and on client engagements, for US Government and Large Research Funding Organizations, with the potential to support other research management sectors. You will provide a flexible framework to create sustainable profit improvements that help clients design and implement high-performance Research Management Information Strategies aligned to their business objectives, and achieve operational excellence by adapting best-in-class research portfolio Management applications.
Engagements typically involve data collection, technical infrastructure and application analysis, and process and organizational change initiatives in the US Federal Government , with clients such as Department of Defense, Homeland Security, Department of Energy, and other similar Agencies and sub agencies. Specifically we help drive business value from new technology that streamlines the data collection and mapping to meaningful decision support tools to manage a large investment portfolio of research initiatives. In particular, experience and ability to discuss about key industry topics, such as research funding policies, outcome evaluation, research metrics, impact and productivity Bench Marching, etc, and the impact these topics have on technology demands for client organizations is crucial. This role involves gathering facts, analyzing the client's business of research needs, drawing conclusions, and reporting upon that work.
Proficiency in developing client relationships, identifying & closing new business, & developing thought leadership in Research Management Systems are required. This is a hands-on sales & delivery role in a complex environment. Responsibilities include providing advice & counsel to clients, oversight & accountability for delivery success, and client satisfaction.
The TSP will:
- Provide client and Business of Science team leadership in support of projects that span technical, process or organizational integration, as well as in support of sales efforts for new and future work
- Bring in-depth experience and credibility from the Federal Government research management space
- Provide specific recommendations on infrastructure improvement, Data Capture, Database Design , workflow design for decision support - Analytics and reporting design, and process and governance changes
- Support the identification, development, and closure of sales efforts in support of an identified sales target;
- Provide Business of Science guidance, strategies, and best practices;
- Provide guidance in one or more of the following industries: US Federal Government, Not For profit Research operations and funders
- Maintain references, approaches, and contacts;
- Lead or contribute to the creation of positions on specific Research management topics;
- Define, develop and use repeatable consulting solutions
- Transfer knowledge to local Business of Science and Account teams through training and side-by-side engagement work.
This position requires travel 4-5 days per week.
Locations: DC or Philadelphia
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- At least 5 years experience in selling Enterprise solution engagements to CXO level clients
- At least 5 years experience in the following: US Federal Government Sales, Performance bench Marching , Analytics, Visualization ,decision support tools
- At least 5 years experience in leading engagements that deliver complex projects and initiatives with tangible results, working across organizational boundaries, and interfacing with senior executives
- At least 5 years experience in demonstrating analytical skills with proficiency in fundamental consulting and IT strategy tools, methods, and frameworks
- At least 5 years experience in understanding current technology trends and their impact on business strategy
- At least 5 years experience in developing executive level relationships, with prior experience in the identification, development, and closure of sales efforts
- At least 5 years experience in guiding and facilitating executive level business decisions and performing business analysis such as quantitative/qualitative analysis, business case development, operations analysis, and/or other solutions
- At least 5 years experience in strategy consulting (with strong preference for previous experience at major national consultancy)
- Readiness to travel Up to 5 days a week (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
Primary Location: US-DC-Washington
Other Locations: United States, US-PA-Philadelphia
Organization: Prof Science - ALL
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time