Business and Partner Development Manager (click link to get to 'Apply Online' button)
Business and Partner Development Manager-SCI0008J
Elsevier : NA-United States-New York
Work with world leading Academic Institutions, technology start ups and corporate partners to promote Elsevier's new Application Marketplace and Developer Network by leading partner development and on-boarding efforts, and implementing high-impact programs to bring in new developers/partners and assuring their business, technical and commercial success.
· Help execute Elsevier's platform strategy based on third-party product development and integration by working with partners to showcase the capabilities of our developer products.
· Seek new alliances, conduct due diligence to identify partnership opportunities and bring to bear key developer partners on board
· Ensure success of the partners as they build apps that showcase the potential of our APIs, web services and developer products
· Facilitate ideation, concept development, partner app development and integration and be the key relationship holder during the process
· Maintain and administer external partnership policies and procedures, and ensure that partners are well-informed about various features of the platform and new releases
Excellent oral and written communications skills, very strong presentation skills, good interpersonal and relationship building skills; team player. Flexible, organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Experience in serving the global market (outside the home country) is a plus. Fluent in English.
General Knowledge and Technical Skills:
Excellent at building relations
Creative thinker with excellent communication skills and analytical mindset.
Extensive knowledge about the web applications, APIs and emerging web trends.
Previous experience in building an API-based platform or third party developer ecosystem.
Background of working in academic environment is a plus.
Scientific background a plus.
Required Education and Experience:
University Degree or equivalent (business, engineering, computer science, or bioinformatics, life sciences).