Remember: in any setting, there are clients needing your knowledge of how to obtain, analyse, and manage relavent information. For example, look at item #10 in the job description below - it tells us that we librarians have the right skills and knowledge for positions such as this. -alt-lib
Product Manager, Web Services & Usage Job
Title: Product Manager, Web Services & Usage
Web Services & Usage Manager
Main Purpose of Job:
The Scientific & Scholarly Research business of IP & Science provides research and analytic solutions, including Web of Knowledge (WoK), the "gold standard" citation database and search platform, that help scientists and researchers find, analyze, and leverage authoritative scholarly content. Customers include universities, academic and governmental research institutions, scholars and researchers, publishers, and university faculty and administrators.
Reporting to the Director Product Strategy, Search & Discovery as part of the Practice of Science Product & Market Strategy organization, the Product Manager, Web Services & Usage will be responsible for indentifying, developing and driving the organizations web services strategy. This role will be responsible for understanding the current and future market needs and developing a web services strategy and usage data commercialization strategy that will deliver revenue growth for the organization. The Web Services Product Manager is accountable for product ROI and must coordinate a cross-functional team to identify specific investment prioritization recommendations which optimize limited resources to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction
In addition this role will be responsible for managing the Customer Usage & Analytics Manager ensuring the organization is able to better understand its clients and to identify trends in the market and business opportunities. Key responsibilities will include customer segmentation, data preparation, analysis, statistical modeling and profiling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Understand and articulate market opportunity in order to drive web services strategy both within the practice of science and the business of science.
2. Encourage sales, customer, prospect and user feedback. Establish a continuous dialogue with customers and other intelligence about the market segment.
3. Understand and develop the distinctive competence of the organisations unique abilities to deliver value to the market in the context of industry trends and competitive landscape.
4. Illustrate, drive and own the vision and key phases of the product roadmap, ensuring prioritisation of product development investments, leveraging customer and user feedback and analysis to direct prioritisation of enhancements to support customer satisfaction, increased usage and other business goals.
5. Manages data mining, research and analysis of client, sales and financial data and overseeing detailed reports to support Product Strategy, Sales or Marketing in their activities.
6. Define repeatable usage reports at a product or client level for both scheduled and ad-hoc reporting activities.
7. Track, analyze and report on product performance.
8. Interact with product strategy, finance, sales and marketing to understand their research or intelligence needs, and provide trend reports, analysis, and insights as required.
9. Maintain and enhance systems and databases used to manipulate data and information.
10. Produce non-standard reports to answer ad-hoc and standard requests.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's Degree with a mimimum of 3 years professional work experience in a technology, science, or product marketing related role.
- Product strategy and commercialization skills.
- A strong technical background and expertise in working with web services and usage data.
- A strong understanding of professional information needs, and the value drivers for end-users and purchasers.
- Experience in discovering unmet needs in a particular market and proposing innovative solutions.
- Proficient in database tools (writing database queries) and statistical analysis tools and MS Office. Advanced Excel with a preference for experience in using specialist data mining tools.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in data collection and qualitative/quantitative research and analysis.
- Ability to work in a matrixed and global environment, ensuring effective collaboration internally.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to handle, prioritize and oversee projects to completion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact effectively with internal clients.
- Strong presentational skills with a high degree of comfort of engaging with internal stakeholders up to the Scientific & Scholarly Leadership Team.
- To take responsibility for identifying training and developmental needs for you and your team on an on-going basis.
- To make positive efforts to promote personal safety and that of others by taking reasonable care at work, by carrying out the requirements of the law or following recognised codes of practice provided or advised by management to ensure safe working practices.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager/director on a permanent or temporary basis.
- Ability to foresee, interpret and rapidly respond to market changes by adjusting strategies and realigning priorities accordingly.
Job: Product Management
Primary Location: US-PA-Philadelphia
Organization: Prof Science - ALL
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job