Take a look at: Philadelphia Product Management Associate Job - PA, 19019
Product Management Associate Job
Title: Product Management Associate
Product Management Associate
Main Purpose of Job:
The Scientific & Scholoary Research business of IP & Science provides research and analytic solutions, including Web of Knowledge (WoK), the "gold standard" citation database and search platform, that help scientists and researchers find, analyze, and leverage authoritative scholarly content. Customers include universities, academic and governmental research institutions, scholars and researchers, publishers, and university faculty and administrators.
Reporting to the Director Product Strategy Authoring & Collaboration, this position provides support for product management efforts in the authoring and collaboration market. Responsibilities include an understanding on the researcher workflow related to discovery and scholarly authoring efforts.:
The Product Management Associate is responsible for coordinating and tracking against the product roadmap for the Authoring & Collaboration platform and i to understand the product positioning, product features and high-level product requirements in order to support the Director and Product Manager.
The Product Management Associate, EndNote is responsible assigned products within this classification. The term "product" includes solutions containing services as well as content and software wherever that product can be sold on a repeating basis
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support efforts for market analysis including research of customers and customer personas, the market, industry trends and the competition to help Product Management determine market problems to solve within the overall strategic focus of EndNote.
- Assist Product Management team to identify and incorporate product requirements into product roadmap, or multi-year product release plan;
- Support preparation of detailed product requirements based on market problems;
- Assist in the research phase to identify possible solutions for enhancements and new features based on customer feedback and 'best practice' user interface designs;
- Assist in coordinating beta tester program, customer surveys, market research, and other customer outreach projects;
- Support usage reporting collection and other analytical reporting as needed;
- Assist with launch and post launch activities;
- Assist in testing new product features and enhancements as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 2 years working experience in a marketing, technology, or related role.
- A working knowledge of technology and experience in working with technology staff;
- Experience with User Personas, or User Scenarios and working with technology through the software development life cycle process, strongly preferred;
- An understanding of professional information needs and workflow, and the value drivers for end-users and purchasers;
- Experience managing channels of customer/end user feedback and working with customers to produce well defined market problems and/or product defects;
- Experience in constructing user scenarios to meet market, using pragmatic marketing or similar practices;
- Ability to collaborate in a matrixed environment;
- Experience in writing product planning documents, including business proposition, market problem, product description, and requirements;
- Ability to prioritize and rationalize product investments in order to drive growth;
- Basic understanding of financial models and customer buying process;
- Experience in driving and monitoring commercial success of a new product or product release;
- Strong customer facing skills, ensuring they are 'at the heart of everything' we do;
- Excellen presentation skills;
- Excellent team player;
- Well organized and disciplined with regards to policy, procedures and standards;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explore and assess customer needs, for product management to translate them into well-defined requirements;
- Excellent time, project management and organizational skills; setting priorities and maintaining flexibility in a changing or ambiguous, matrixed environment;
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, database functions, Internet search and email programs, including Microsoft Access and Excel, required;
Primary Location: US-PA-Philadelphia
Organization: Prof Science - ALL
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job