King of Prussia Director, Client Services Job - PA, 19406 . Note: although this job post may seem "too advanced" for perhaps many librarians, it provides an excellent view into the purposes of an organization/department/product line within the target company. From this sort of job post you can obtain useful background knowledge of what this division of the target company does, that may be very useful in applying for other positions in the same group, that are subordinate to the one below. -alt-lib
Director, Client Services
Title: Director, Client Services
Provide leading-edge healthcare information services at the strategic partnership level of our clients' organizations. Enhance Thomson's partnership with and value to each client through increased relationships with their middle and senior management.
- Develop service agenda based on customer's business needs and work flow which would include any or all of the following: cost savings, profit-improvement strategies, workflow enhancement, productivity improvement, employee/member/constituent/ beneficiary health status improvement, detection of fraud or other payment irregularities; implement contracted services; document return on investment.
- Manage financial and business objectives including contract revenue, value-add revenue, renewals, expenses and margins and accounts receivable targets.
- Lead client team to perform consulting engagements and engage in billable consulting activity, as appropriate and/or required.
- Manage evolving client expectations, needs and priorities, and collaborate with client team members to ensure effective integration with consulting and service delivery capabilities and priorities.
- Manage and monitor client satisfaction, and recommend appropriate strategies, tactics and operational initiatives to continuously enhance client satisfaction.
- Continuously search for, recommend and implement process improvements; take a leadership role in fostering a quality improvement mindset.
- Manage and develop team members to their highest potential performance level. Provide regular and ongoing coaching around annual objectives and priorities as well as routine and unique business requirements. Provide formal feedback according to the established Thomson performance management processes. Manage team interactions to obtain optimal team performance.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure sharing of knowledge and best practices
- Master's degree (e.g., MBA, MPHA) or equivalent education and experience.
- 10+ years of experience in healthcare information consulting/systems, with client contact at senior levels and demonstrated business development skills.
- Proven history of ability to capture the attention and respect of senior management and the C-suite in the client environment by providing new and useful ways of managing human capital.
- Current or prior responsibility must have included revenue accountability in the $5,000,000 range.
- Superior understanding of both new business development and consulting methodology.
- Superior presentation and communication skills.
- Extensive staff development and supervision skills.
- Ability to work across the organization, including Product Development, Sales, and Product Support functions to ensure that both current and future client needs are anticipated and met.
- Willingness to travel.
Technical/Professional Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrates competence in function, including a broad knowledge of theories and current practices.
- Applies solid supervisory and management capabilities, and perspective that is much broader.
- Manages "up" well -- knows where to take things.
- Contributes significantly/provides meaningful input to peers outside functional area.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of Thomson and client organizations.
- Conveys organizational capabilities and strategies, and manages expectations.
- Identifies information that is relevant to teams, projects or tasks and communicates it to the appropriate level(s).
- Demonstrates excellent presentation skills.
- Simplifies and effectively articulates complex technical information.
- May communicate with economic buyer; influences client's perception of the company.
- Interacts effectively across multiple functional areas and levels, internal and external.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Resolves conflicts/controversies regarding major issues.
- Influences key decision-makers to take recommended actions.
- Resolves conflicts/controversies regarding major issues.
- Builds consensus to achieve goals within broad policy limits.
- Demonstrates strong facilitation skills and coaching/mentoring skills.
- Identifies and resolves complex issues, applying theories or processes that may be new to the organization.
- Uses input from others, in consultation with senior management, to lead department in resolution of problems with broad implications.
- Identifies trends and recommends actions/solutions to address them.
- Acts as intermediary or suggests resources to assist others in effectively resolving problems.
- Demonstrates high degree of independence and initiative.
- Operates with independence within set objectives (without day-to-day supervision) to manage projects and assignments.
- Seeks input when appropriate.
- Resolves challenging customer/end-user situations with a high level of tact and understanding.
- May make decisions that involve other Thomson resources.
- Uses broad knowledge of Thomson organization, markets and clients to make sound tactical decisions and strategic recommendations that impact multiple areas of the organization.
- Understands all Thomson businesses; uses knowledge of organization to inform clients/ prospects regarding organizational depth and breadth.
- Has both a tactical/operational and strategic orientation.
- Has responsibility for achievement and completion of projects and/or operations that significantly impact a department, business unit or function.
- Manages project(s) to budget planned, including staffing assignments and technology purchases.
- Authorized to purchase goods and services up to and including $7,500.
- May lead and manage others to achieve business objectives.
- Exhibits strong activity monitoring skills.